Thursday, January 24, 2008

Did "stoopid" go on clearance?

I'm just asking?

I mean, once upon a time I couldn't wait for January '08 to get here.

I figured, somehow, a new year would issue in a renewed sense of clarity. Not just for me, but for all the bro's who soaked in all the idiotic acts our folks (can't deny 'em) committed in '07.

I won't list them here. Pick your  Vick, Bonds, Busta, Snipes, or T.I. as a reference point.

My point is: the insanity never ceases.

Within a 24-hour block: I'm reading about the bombastic young mayor of the city I cut my journalistic teeth in getting put on full blast for exchanging lewd, juvenile texts  to his chief female (married, also) aide; and trying to grasp how the father of the local football franchise's backup QB figured he could get away asking web-savvy student to fix the county-issued laptop where he stored lewd photos of mistress, who WAS  the assistant high school principal where he coached.

When, as a dad, do you start thinking a long-term dalliance is worth a calculated risk of it all? 

And by all, I mean access to and approval from you kids.

You think anyone's asking to be tucked in or bankrolled by the aforementioned idiots any time soon?

I think not. Not that I'm perfect.

I'm just no where near that ig'nant.

How could  anyone be so silly and sloppy when there's so much at stake?

No comments: